Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Remaking Resolve

Today was an excellent test of my resolve to remake. I passed! It was a busy day. It was a long day. It was a productive day. In the end, I did what I had to do at work and at home, and I fit me in. I lived in every moment, the best of which was reading a book with my Son.

My day started at 3:45 this morning. After doing all that needed to be done, it was after 8:00. I was scheduled to run 4 miles, which I had not fit in. I decided that I would go to the gym, and just do something. Anything was better than nothing. At the gym, I lived in the moment, and had a wonderful workout! I decided that I would try my hills program. With it, I would have some incline, even if I did not complete the intended distance. In the end, I ran the full 4 miles on my schedule, with a more successful hills program than I have done thus far.

The success of my workout was sweetened by the fact that it almost didn’t happen. I am so glad that I fit me in! Doing so reinforces my resolve to remake myself through running! I am revelling in my remaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment