Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Remembering why I run, again....

Busy days have sprouted busier days, without fitting in my runs.  Among all of the choices I make, I must choose me.  Today, I did that and tonight I feel fulfilled.  It was hot and I ran a too slow for 4 miles, but I did it and that's what matters.  My iPod provided music, my Garmin provided structure, my mind provided wandering, and my body provided strength.  The result was pure pleasure. 

Some things did not get done today, but that happens everyday -- what changes is what gets done or not.  I am glad that my running got done today!  I will relish that accomplishment while I collect my thoughts as the day draws to a close.  

No comments:

Post a Comment