Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chosen luxury - time / fitness focus

I was proactive!!!  Today's chosen luxury was time (same as yesterday).  However, yesterday it was time with my Son (I guess that ended up being family focus) and today it was time for me to fit in the fitness focus.  I had such a great run, and now feel so reenergized and renewed! 

Last week, the fitness focus maintained a proper position.  I completed 5 days of exercise (3 runs and 2 cross-training sessions at the gym) for a total of 3.5 hours.  This week was unfolding horribly until today, when I promised myself a run.  It happened! 

This run reminded me that half the battle is getting out on the road.  Once that was done, staying out was easy.  I ran for 1 hour and felt great.  I ran slowly, but my goal was time rather than distance.   

No comments:

Post a Comment