Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mind murmur - consistency flows throughout


I have learned to know and trust what I like and want.  I am so please when several or more of my likes and wants converge, which is what happened recently.
A recent chosen luxury is my subscription to The New Yorker.  The October 17th edition includes Adam Gopnik’s article about The Phantom Tollbooth, which is celebrating its 50th year. 

This past Saturday, my Son and I attended the RI Festival of Children’s Books and Authors at the Lincoln School.  Norton Juster was one of the Authors!  My Son and I met and spoke with Mr. Juster, who signed the copy that we purchased. 

This convergence provided a fabulous current experience.  It also revived childhood memories.  I remember owning and cherishing The Phantom Tollbooth.  However, I can’t recall reading it; I didn’t read very much.  I don’t know what happened to that book, but I have it again.  This time, I will remember reading it, which I hope too for my Son.      

No comments:

Post a Comment