Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

mind murmur - daylight savings

The only time I remember being grounded as a child was on the night that daylight savings time ended.   I recall that I was in my late teens, and I had gone out with my older, later-to-be first husband.  We went to a party at a local private (polish or bocce) club.  I stayed out way too late. 

When I go home, one of my older brothers was awake.  Someone commented on the time, perhaps 2am.  I quickly referred to 1 hour earlier, as if that would make it okay.  He then said that I was too late.   My Mom agreed, and implemented some punishment.  I recall that she grounded me, but I don't recall any of the details.  It did not have any impact on me, except that I do remember it about 30 years later. 

Currently, I have such difficulty punishing my Son because I want it to have real impact, other than a vague memory in some distant time.  Although, might there be some value to that memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment