Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Friday, August 12, 2016

Unexpected Benefits of Nursing Home Care

I didn't talk much about my Mom's living situation when she relocated to a nursing home.  Everyone has an opinion, and I wanted to focus on my Mom and not those opinions.  My Mom lived for over 2 years in a nursing home, and I mean lived.  In fact, I am convinced that when her body began to limit her living she and God decided it was time to leave.

Since my Mom's death,  I certainly have been sad -- I lost the only constant of my 52 years.  However, rather than focusing on what I lost, I am focusing on how lucky I have been.

My Mom's living situation provided many unexpected benefits.  One of them is that we were able to focus on grieving when she died, rather than dealing with stuff.  She owned so little at the end -- about 3 1/2 hours after her death, her stuff was packed up and we didn't have to return to the nursing home.  That was the easiest and quickest move....

Not having to take time to deal with my Mom's stuff left time to focus on her funeral arrangements, and then to heal and figure out how to live without her.  For a number of days following my Mom's burial, we contemplated the words to be added to the cemetery marker.  Focusing on that was better than focusing on a bunch of stuff.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that my Mom didn't have tons of stuff.  It's just that she had downsized twice already.   More than 10 years ago, I helped her move from the 3 story house in which she had lived for about 80 years to a 4 room condominium.  That process was quite a challenge, but we were prepared.  The second downsizing came with the nursing home.  There, she had a comfortable space with just a few select treasures.

A significant takeaway from my Mom's death is:

for your sake and the sake of the ones you will leave behind, everyone should consider living with less stuff.   Doing so will produce benefits now and later.




1 comment:

  1. I was a victim of weak erection and premature ejaculation,for the
    past 4 years,and for this past 4 years my life was horrible,one day i saw a
    post of a man being cured by a Doctor, called Dr Imoloa,so i contact him
    and i get the cure from him,and my 4 years disaster and pains were like a
    dreams so if you have this problem of weak erection and premature
    ejaculation he also have cure for lupus disease, corneal ulcer, polio disease,
    Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, cystic fibrosis, epilepsy,joint pain,
    fetal alcohol spectrum, schizophrenia, lichen planus, cancer, diabetes, asthma syphilis, and many more... you can contact Dr Imoloa for help,Email drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com / whatssapp +2347081986098.
    -

    ReplyDelete