Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Only the namesake remains....

My life changed forever a few weeks ago when on the morning of July 17th my Mom and namesake peacefully took her last breath as I sat holding her hand.  It was the end of the "2 Helens" and their many adventures.  It was the beginning of my new life as an adult orphan at 52.  

I am the youngest of eight children, and it was simply by chance that I was the only one with her when she died.   We had begun our 24 hour vigil (as we had done when our Dad died almost 20 years ago) 48 hours earlier after a day of constant visits by so many family members.  My 6 hour shift began at 6 in the morning.  With little warning, that shift ended at 9:35 when my Mom went to heaven. 

The next few weeks passed with so much activity.  This is the middle of the first full week that things are back to normal, but it is not normal at all.  I don't have to do my Mom's laundry, plan my 2 weekly visits, or wonder what and how she's doing.

I have to figure out how to maneuver through this transitional time, and what I want from my new existence.  I have to figure out how to fill the hole left by my Mom's death.  

Processing is crucial, and will be done here and as I get back more seriously to my running.  

What adventures await this Helen sans the other Helen? 

1 comment:

  1. I was a victim of weak erection and premature ejaculation,for the
    past 4 years,and for this past 4 years my life was horrible,one day i saw a
    post of a man being cured by a Doctor, called Dr Imoloa,so i contact him
    and i get the cure from him,and my 4 years disaster and pains were like a
    dreams so if you have this problem of weak erection and premature
    ejaculation he also have cure for lupus disease, corneal ulcer, polio disease,
    Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, cystic fibrosis, epilepsy,joint pain,
    fetal alcohol spectrum, schizophrenia, lichen planus, cancer, diabetes, asthma syphilis, and many more... you can contact Dr Imoloa for help,Email drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com / whatssapp +2347081986098.
    -

    ReplyDelete