Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Helen's happenings -- running and raising money update

Tonight, I sent out the following update:

This adventure is progressing perfectly!

On the running front, I am getting stronger and faster. On April 25th, I had a fabulous finish in my training 10K race. I ran the 6.2 miles in 58:33, or a 9:26/mile pace.

On the raising money front, I have received 56 donations for a total of $2,443.00, exceeding my goal.

Knowing that I have your support provides additional motivation for my training. We are making a difference in the fight for a Crohn’s cure.

The big event, my ½ marathon, is less than 8 weeks away, on June 27th. Until then, I will continue my training, increasing my distance, speed, and strength. The link for more race information, including the route, is: http://www.131marathon.com

After the race, I will send out another update. If you want more information before then, please let me know.

Thanks again for your support, which I so appreciate!

With gratitude, Helen/Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment