Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Life gets in the way

It's been too long since I posted. I have been way too busy with work. The hours have been endless. Some days, almost every woken moment has been dedicated to work. The lesson is that I can adjust. I am trying to balance what needs to get done for work and what needs to get done for me and my Son. Everything else, well....

One month from today, I will be running my 1/2 marathon. My training mostly has been on track. I missed a few runs when work was at its worst. I think that I will be okay. I am trying yet again to fit in a specific strength session with weights.

The craziness that has been my life lately actually is good for my remaking. I am learning a lot about balancing my wants and needs. I feel fortunate to have too much work, and am determined to keep it as a priority. I will fit in what matters to and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment