Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Tough Training

Again, it's been too long since my last post. My mind murmurs, weekly wanderings, and monthly monitor have to wait. Included in this remaking is learning to focus on what matters at the moment. I am doing well in that regard. The past month has been a time of adjusting. For the first time is a long time, my work required a great deal of my attention. It was difficult, but so worth it.

I now am back to a better balance. Training has been tough, but it's almost over -- my race is three weeks from tomorrow. I am back to my scheduled miles. Over the past few weeks, I have been better about fitting in my strength training - still not 100% as scheduled, but better than before. I will take credit for that increase. Last week, I fit in a 10 mile run before 8:00 in the morning. It was absolutely awesome!

Today I ran my first long run with Team Challenge. I was scheduled to run 6 today, and 4 tomorrow. However, the Team was running 10.5 miles. I wanted to participate because the race is near, and because the course was part of the race route. The run was one of my hardest, almost ever. It was hot and hilly. Now it is done, though, and my sense of accomplishment is sensational.

No comments:

Post a Comment