Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

8 more days - mind murmurs

Last team run was today. I am so glad that Jen and I went. The run itself was awesome. It was in South Boston along Carson Beach and then around Castle Island. My life list included a run around Castle Island, so this was perfect. I was scheduled to run 8 miles, and the team said that we were going to run about 6 miles. I have to think that I ended up running somewhere in between, which was just fine. The weather was great, though rather hot.

Being with the team was terrific. It is a diverse group brought together by one cause, to find a cure. So many people are so interesting.

After the run, I got my race shirt. The team spirit, inspiration, and emotion were huge. Knowing that so many people there deal each day with Crohn's and colitis was a bit overwhelming for me. Knowing a bit more about what these courageous people deal with puts my issues into perspective. I must each day recognize and appreciate how fortunate I am.

Tonight I am tired, and a bit drained, which is just fine given the source of my depletion.

No comments:

Post a Comment