Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Voided Vice

In January, I wrote about vice voiding. Today, I write about the voiced vice -- it's been 1 year since I smoked my last cigarette. I do so miss this vice, and often think about having a cigarette. Once, I even had a dream (actually a nightmare) that I smoked a cigarette. Often, I think about words of dear Cousin Tricia. Paraphrasing, I recall that after she quit, she told me that she could not have even one because it would lead to more. I thought that was a silly statement until this past year. I know that if I had even one cigarette then the vice would still be mine. I don't want that vice, and, therefore, I refrain from even one puff.

No doubt, I will write more about this vice. For now, I have to go live my life as a mother because it's Saturday and my Son has baseball and a birthday party. Also, I need to run 12 miles because my 1/2 marathon is 2 weeks from tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment