Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

4 days to fulfillment -- daily dose of mind murmurs

Today was tough. However, I will focus on the positive, and not the negative. During this last week, molding the mind is critical. Getting into the get it done mode is all that matters.

Reading the race weekend details brought tears to my eyes, though I am not completely sure why. Quite simply, this is awesome in so many ways.

I was scheduled for strength training, and to run 5 miles. However, I was so tired and full of aches all day. Neither session happened. Finally, I decided to forego the weights. The run had to happen and did -- at about 8:00 this evening. After a slow start, I got into my groove. I finished fast and strong. The first mile was over 10 minutes, and the last mile was about nine minutes. In all, I ran at about a 9:43/mile pace. Most importantly, I actually feel better now than before I ran. What's up with that?

My 1/2 marathon will be monumental, though I probably will not break 2 hours as I had hoped. It doesn't matter -- crossing the finish line will be my sweet success! Enjoying the entire experience is extremely essential, and I am ready for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment