Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Weekly wanderings

Mother's day almost is over. The best part was simply being able to celebrate it with my Son.

Training this week was tough. I felt like I was only putting in the time and miles. I was plugging along, and then it was Saturday. I agreed to run a 5K race that was a neighbor's fundraiser. It was raining out. I didn't need to run another 5K -- it's not an ideal distance for me -- but it promised to be fun, most significantly because it was in my neighborhood. Needless to say, it was a blast with friends and family. Most importantly, my husband and son cheered me on. Despite running in the rain, I was so fast for me. I took just over 1 minute off my March 5K time. I finished in 27:31, with an 8:52/mile pace. What a terrific time! Completing the event was my son's fun run. He did well, and enjoyed himself.

I would not trade my time this past week, but I now am a bit nervous about all I now have to do, mostly for work. I must go into doing mode, and out of thinking and talking mode. Those two Ts must wait for now, and that's okay. I have progressed so far in my remaking -- I practically am where I want and need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment