Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Appreciation is awesome

Yesterday was a total failure.  BUT, what a difference a day (and an attitude) makes.  It took some energy, but remembering to appreciate turned the day around; it was a total success!  Unlike last night at this time, I feel fulfilled.

That fulfillment flows from appreciation.  I took time to appreciate knowing what I need and loving what I have.  My Son and I rode our bikes to attend several open houses.  It was fun to be outside and active with my Son.  The houses were fine, but we left them liking ours better.  What a great feeling!

Rather than getting frustrated with my Mom during our weekly visit, I simply appreciated that I am able to spend time with her, knowing that it is finite with her 92nd birthday just a few months away.  Our time was not without mishap, but it was our time nonetheless, and for that I am appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment