Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weekly Wanderings

Last week at this time, I intended to stay strong.  I did, and as anticipated, I didn't go wrong.  I ran 3 times, I worked out at the gym twice, and I was active each of the weekend days.  As a result, I feel better physically and mentally.

I took time to exercise.  Taking that time did not detract from, and in fact facilitated, my ability to be an effective mom and employee.  Some other things got done, and some didn't, but....  Everything doesn't have to get done; acknowledging and accepting that is liberating.

Figuring out what to fit in and when is so worth it. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment