Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Living and learning

I just spent 20 minutes composing a post, which I then proceeded to somehow delete.  Once again, I live and learn.  Now my time is not mine, so the post will have to wait.  For now, I will relish in the realization that I am learning so much from my Son as I teach and nurture him.  He gets things done, and lives in the moment.  I am grateful for that.  This week, he turned in a school project 2 days early (which is when I would have been starting it).

My fear of raising a reluctant reader has been ridiculously reduced.  Three times already this week, he has said that the book he is reading on the Kindle is addicting.  He is so proud of himself for having finished two chapter books since Friday.  He wanted to read rather than watch television or play video games. 

Significantly, if he doesn't like what he's reading, he simply reads something else.  This approach is eyeopening for me.  I recall times when I did not read because I hadn't finished the book I was reading; I couldn't move on until that one was done.  My life is more complete when my Son rebels (consciously or not) against how I needlessly did things.

No comments:

Post a Comment