Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Gone but not forgotten

Three years ago today, I smoked my last cigarette.  While cigarettes are gone from my life, they are not forgotten.  I envy those people who quit and then can't stand the smell of smoke.  I still love that smell.  I breath it in on those very few occasions I am exposed to it. 

I didn't smoke all the time, or continuously, but for quite some time cigarettes were in my arsenal.  Now they're not.  I am proud and grateful that I haven't enjoyed even a puff since three years ago today, but....

Cravings exist all too frequently.  At times, I view cigarette smoking as an indulgence.  However, I know that it's not one in which I can partake.  One puff would lead to one cigarette, to one pack, and then....

I am stronger than the unhealthy habit of cigarette smoking, but sometimes I get so tired of being so strong.  Why do I often feel like mourning, rather than rejoicing?

Well, today I will run....

No comments:

Post a Comment