Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Striving...in vain

I am striving, though I am not sure for what.  I am sure, however, that my striving is in vain.  I am doing so much and so little at the same time.  I move forward, only to fall backward....

My life is really good, and not so good at the same time.  Does that place me among so many other similarly situated women?  Perhaps, but I don't want to be there.  I am part of a bigger group, but nonetheless alone.

These thoughts are expressed out of frustration, and nothing more.  As often is done, I will dismount from my self-pity perch and prop myself up on my blessings bench.  I belong firmly on the latter, rather than balancing on the former.

Well, there is one thing for which I can successfully strive....  I will run today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment