Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Last lap

Three days from today, my race will be run.

Today, I had my last workout, which included 1 mile at 8:46. Though I wasn't sure how that would go, it did! Another marvelous mile. Interestingly, when I ran slower before and after that mile, I felt like I was running too slowly.

Physically, my training is done. In this regard, I only need to make sure that I rest. After 12 weeks of training, I have earned these three nights of quiet time. In fact, this time is as important as some of my runs.

I have to pack and travel, but I have to rest.

One challenge on race day will be trusting my training. I have to remember that I can run fast enough - I am strong.

So, physical training is behind me. Mental and emotional training remain. I will enjoy this. After all, that's what it's all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment