Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November 21

Sixteen years ago today was what ended up being the last birthday my Dad had before his death. It was bittersweet, as so much had been....

I told him that his sister died on that day, which was hard; another sister had died only 5 months before, and Dad knew that his death was not far away. Also, Win was in Louisville, KY.

I told my Dad that I accepted a job in Connecticut. Following 5 months at home with him (having sold my house, quit my job, and getting a divorce in one week's time), I would be easing into a new life. He said he was glad to know that things were coming together for me; he said it was a great gift.

That day was difficult, but I remain grateful for it and so many others that I shared with my Dad, my DIM memories....

No comments:

Post a Comment