Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Friday, January 30, 2015

DIMmemories - what lies ahead

In 1943, even the paper has meaning.  The "censored" marks and "passed by" "army examiner" stamps are curious in and of themselves. 
This letter from Christmas day, 1943 conjures many images surounding: my Dad recovering from surgery; the singing nurses; dailiy activities; and a hospital somewhere far from my Mom in Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment