Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

One month to another milestone

On one month from today, I will run my next half marathon, and mark another milestone in my life.  Deciding to run this race happened by chance; circumstances simply fell into place.  I am glad they did because my training is transforming me again. 

As it ends up, this race, just like my marathon, also will mark another milestone.  I ran Boston to celebrate my 35th birthday.  I will run this race the day after my 10th wedding anniversary.  I am grateful to reach this significant anniversary with my second husband, the father of my Son, and my partner.  I am also grateful that I will be honoring this anniversary by running to a happier and healthier me.  

I am training for my half marathon with SmartCoach.  This is a new approach, and it is working out so well!  I feel stronger in my running, and I feel better able to deal with the craziness that is my life as a Mom with a full-time job, and tons of obligations and interests.  Accomplishing a day's scheduled run makes me feel like I can accomplish so much more in other parts of my life.  I am more productive and have more energy.  I am prioritizing; what's ending up on the top of the list matters, and, well, everything else.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment