Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Tempo tremendous....

Once again, I was super surprised with today's tempo run.  The middle 2 miles were scheduled to be at a 9:32 pace.  What....  Prior tempo and speed runs have been on the treadmill or at the track.  However, today I felt like I needed an outdoor run on the road.  But how was I going to go so fast?  Well, I would take my chances....

The first mile was at an 11:24 pace, which was just fine.  Then, I tried to run faster.  Well, I clocked the next mile at 9:54 and the next at 9:50.  That put me only 40 seconds off the goal time, which is just fine with me, particularly given the real road conditions.  I am not sure how I did that, but I happily rejoice in my success!

Feeling a faster pace is quite difficult, but even running leisurely is faster than it had been before I started with SmartCoach.  With my 1/2 marathon 5 1/2 weeks away, I am going to focus on feeling the pace.  That focus is realistic because I don't have to focus on what to do when -- SmartCoach has taken care of that. 

Having my race as my goal is great, but each day of my training program brings small successes that enable me to thoroughly enjoy the route.  Those successes also provide necessary strength to deal with other challenging parts of my busy days as a Mom who works full-time.     

No comments:

Post a Comment