Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mind murmur - paper books: adventure by osmosis

For me, paper books always will lure me in.

I love my Kindle, which has expanded the scope and volume of my reading.  It also satisfies my instant gratification obsession.  I can't always have what I want when I want it, but the limitations are la bit lessened with my Kindle at my side.    

Surrounding myself with paper / bound books continues to provide a high that I am only beginning to understand and appreciate. While I am trying to rid myself of stuff, my books stay and multiply. It's not even the books in my house; my entertainment regularly includes bookstores and libraries.

Even when I don't venture far from home, or even outside it, books satisfy my wanderlust. I can travel through time and to places near and far simply by turning the pages. Also, though my formal education currently is secondary to my Son's, flipping through a book can provide needed knowledge.  My emotional well-being is elevated by my surrounding books. The ones I bought at various stages and rages remind me where I've been and how far I've come.  And lest I forget my cook book collection, which enriches me on many levels. 

Much will come and go, but my books will remain. They decorate my house and my heart; they are a comforting constant.

No comments:

Post a Comment