Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Remembering why I run

Today began the 6th week of my SmartCoach training program through Runner's World.  I was a bit nervous about the scheduled 5 mile run.  I did something to my back yesterday while watching my Son's soccer game, and I am experiencing some discomfort.  Also, I have lots to do on so many fronts.  However, my program called for a 5 mile run, and, therefore, a 5 mile run it would be.  I rationalized that I did not have to run at the designated pace; I just had to finish the distance. 

Well, I didn't run at the designated pace -- I ran faster without even trying!!!  I just got out there and did my best, which ended up being better than I thought I had in me.  Now I am totally re-energized for the too full schedule I have for the remainder of the day.

Runs like today's are why I run.  I need to remember this feeling and accomplishment!  Even if I can't impress anyone else, I can impress myself, which really is all that matters in the end.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment