Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

You never know unless you try....

Meeting today's tempo run goal appeared to be an impossibility:  2x1600 @ 9:09.  Well....  I ran one 1600 at a 9:06 pace, and the other at a 9:27 pace.  That's close enough for me, particularly with over 1 more month until my 1/2 marathon.  This success was as much mental as physical, as I had to convince myself that I could do it.

I am thankful that I overcame my fear, and I am glad that I did because I was able to experience the positive effects of my training thus far.  I know that I am getting stronger....

No comments:

Post a Comment