Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Great way / to start the day

I love this, and will employ it as a new mantra.  If I find a great way to start the day, then it will be better throughout! The ways will differ but all will have my betterment as the focus. Often, this time is spent in bed waiting for my Son to awake.  As such, the ways typically are quiet and contemplative ones, for which my Kindle and iPhone are ideal. 

This morning, for example, I read a Kindle single, Gutenberg the Geek by Jeff Jarvis.  This quick read was quite informative, thought-provoking, and motivating.  Generally, I have difficulty digesting hostorical events of any kind, so that the 1400s are totally unattainable.  However, Jarvis' comparisons to current times made the past more easily understandable to this history challenged individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment