Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Magnificent Minutia

Today, I got caught up in so much minutia, and it was magnificent!  Detailed emails and status determinations for work were productive.  Moving forward was rewarding.

I sold an item on Craigslist for a neighbor.  As the buyer was coming to collect the item, another neighbor brought me plants that she no longer needed in her garden.  After my run, I chatted with a neighbor, who was walking another neighbor's baby, during my cool down walk.  While we chatted, new neighbors said hello.  While walking my dog, I received status updates from several other neighbors.  I could not help but think of Robert Frosts, A Time to Talk.  These interactions were invaluable to me.  For example, they remind me that I have a fabulous neighborhood!

The goodness of the day was quickly overshadowed by the craziness that was the antics exhibited by my husband and son upon their return from an outing.  I worked through it, but....

No comments:

Post a Comment