Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Information Overload

Okay, I'm on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.  I have this blog.  I use Shutterfly and Snapfish.  I've played with Groupon and Yelp, and I love Google everything!  I use my iPhone and Dell tablet, as well as my Kindle.  I'm finally texting and playing Words With Friends.  I'm sure there's more, but....   

Tonight, I signed up for Instagram.  Do I really need that too?  What about Tumblr?  So much stuff is out there, but I am only one otherwise very busy person.  Connecting with people takes on way too many forms these days.  In some ways I feel more connected now than before, though I now spend much more time at home than before.  I find this very odd, and sometimes unsettling. 

There's only 24 hours in each day.  Choosing how to use them is an ever evolving experiment.  I wonder how Arnold Bennett's book, How to Live on 24 Hours a Day, would differ if it were written today.

Oh no, the overload is overwhelming.  I think that I will take time to reconnect with my friends Crayola and Sharpie.  They nicely get along with a newer friend, Moleskine, whose diverse family is growing in my house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment