Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Running repairs and renews

My emotions have been so varied of late; things are great and things are difficult at the same time.  I am staying strong overall, and for that I am so pleased.  Today was hectic as heck, but I knew that I had to fit in a run.  The short run was hot and slow, but I did it! 

My run made a huge difference to me in so many positive ways, and the time I st aside did not have a significant negative impact on the demands placed upon me.  The difference to me clearly outweighs anything and everything else.  Exerting the energy left me with more energy, which I so need these days. 

Today's run left me feeling so much better physically, mentally, and emotionally, and left me with the following thought:  give a little and get a lot.  I welcome that necessary boost!

No comments:

Post a Comment