Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Readjustment

Again I am remaking, this time simply by readjusting and refocusing. I amnot sure what happened, but I lost sight of something, and found myself in agrouchy place. Despite moving very quickly, I don't feel as though I havegotten much done. Perhaps it's what got done (tasks requested by and forothers), and more importantly what didn't get done, i.e., things that arecritical to my well-being. That focus left me feeling fatter, less fit, fickle,and exhausted. Fortunately, I have halted that movement.

For the past 10 days, I have gotten back to my basics.  Why do I continue to forget how critical theyare for me?  Without them, I ultimatelyend up physically, emotionally, and mentally spent.  With them, I am completely complete for myfunctioning purposes, though perhaps not in others’ eyes.  Theirs, however, do not get me through thedays and nights, so they must be closed to me. 

Most significantly, the basics on which I am pursuing primarily are eatingbetter and exercising. With them, I have perspective.

Once again, it’s back to what matters for, and is important to, me.  And once again, it’s back to choices.  Finally, it’s back to thinking about thatwhich I can control and that which I can’t control.

Having sorted out my current thoughts just a bit, it’s now time for a run.  After all, everything’s better for me after a run….


I add this rose as a reminder for me to remember.... 

As an aside, I have not been particularly fond of roses lately, but I am particularly fond of the 2 dozen colorful ones I received for Mother's Day.  I am enjoying watching them change each day, though they ultimately still are the same.  They are getting better with time.  Oh, am I now writing about the roses or me, or both?  

No comments:

Post a Comment