Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Collecting experiences, rather than stuff...

I am a collector at heart.  For now, though, I am trying to collect experiences, rather than stuff.  To that end, today (though I still have lots to do to get ready for Christmas), I took my Son skating.  It was fun!  Afterward, we got frozen yogurt and then had dinner at home.  Finally, we watched Christmas With The Kranks.  I never say that movie before, and I so infrequently sit and watch a movie.  It was also a chance to read Sunday's New York Times before the start of what promises to be a totally hectic  week. 

Prior to my mother/son time, I did get things done for my Mom -- after all, what would a Sunday be without my "sandwich," the generational one, that is....     

No comments:

Post a Comment