Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Count down to 2013.... Tough Times

Life is a challenge....

I only hope that the result of tough times with my son will be that I have grown a well-rounded man.  Today, we had to deal with snow difficulties.  He did well, but had a few meltdowns.  Getting to his snowboard camp took time -- time to shovel out, time to drive carefully, time to arrange for the proper tickets and equipment, time to hook up with an instructor, etc. 

Taking the proper time proved to be a challenge....  I know he was excited, but....

Now, I have to hope that he has a great day.  I know he's better off without me during this adventure, but I do worry so....

If I take time now to get things done, then our together time later today will be much more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment