Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Ready for the Remake

New year, same me.  Remade, though.  It's going to be a great year! So far, I have been setting myself up for success....

Though I have exercised a bit, today was my first run outdoors of the new year.  It was awesome, from the first step to the last.  I ran for the fun and love of it. 

I was accompanied on today's run with the Nike+ Running app on my iPhone.  Fabulous!!!  I am going to have fun with this....

My iPods and iPhone have been part of me for a bit of time now, but a week ago I got my first iMac, the new 27" model.  This is going to add to the great things that will be me this year.  I am making time each day to play with my iMac.  What terrific time....      

The posts aren't predominant.  My time on Pinterest and Instagram also is less, as is my time on Facebook.  Twitter has taken some time.  Mostly, though, I am in and among myself. planting seeds and laying the foundation. 

This year's mantra has not yet materialized, but today I was thinking -- use what you have.  I also am thinking that working the five focus factors might be just fine.  They still sit strong with me -- fitness, finance, family, fun, and food.  Everything I do, and that matters to me, is connected in some way to one or more of these factors.  

We all have the same amount of time; the key is how we use it.  We have to take time and make time.  With so many interests, it's not always easy for me to apply my time before it runs out on another day....  Thankfully, another one is just hours away....  Each day we can begin again or pick up where we left off.  Each day can be the same or different.  Each day is a new day, or another day. What goes into each day is ours to pursue, and what comes from each day is ours to capture.  Realizing that is awesome, overwhelming and exciting!  Bring it.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment