Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Bittersweet changes

Over 16 years ago, I added this picture to my desk at work.  Though my desk changed within the building, the picture remained.  It was a reminder to me of starting over, and my original remaking, when I "ran away from home" after my divorce.  When I started my job, my Daddy was dying; this picture of him and me was taken in 12/95, I starter my job in 12/96, and he died in 1/97. 

Today, I removed this picture from my desk.  The office is moving to a different building, and I no longer need this picture as an immediate reminder.  My Daddy remains in my heart....  Thankfully, my remakings now are more refinements.

Throughout the day, I recalled all that transpired while at that building.  I began and ended many runs from the parking lot.  I remember meeting up with MJB, who played a major role in my CT life.  I received my last call from JEF there, and the first call from my husband.  Lest I forget sitting at my desk on the afternoon that my sister called to tell me that my Daddy died.  I smoked more than a few cigarettes "out back," where I was when the first plane hit on 9/11.  The memories were overwhelming and too many to here record....

Physically, the area today looked like it did on the day that I first took pictures to show my Daddy where I would start over.  He told me that he was confident that I would be okay after he died....  I have been, and continue to be, okay.  In fact, in many ways I am better.  I am stronger for sure, and I have taken within me the confidence that my Daddy expressed to me.  I am much more true to myself.... 

When I left the building for the last time this afternoon, I took comfort in knowing both how far I have come, and that I am generally in a great place at this point in my life.

Next week, I will arrive at a new building as a newer me....  Times change, surroundings change, but certain things remain the same....    

       



No comments:

Post a Comment