Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Fitness forward

Today I experienced my first yoga class ever.  It was interesting, almost fun.... 

I followed my gut as to where and when I took this class.  My gut was right.  The location, the instructor, and the other people in the class contributed to my success.    I certainly understand the benefits, and know that I will go to more classes.  The first step is often the hardest, and I took that.  I will give myself credit, and move on.

Today also marked 1 week of my 10,000 steps experiment.  My iPod Nano is a fabulous partner in this adventure.  I clip it on, and off I go.  I am not sure what happened on Saturday; my steps could not have calculated properly.  Oh well, live and learn....

Of 8 days, I exceeded 10,000 steps on only 3 days.  Only 2 days were under 5,000 steps.  Tracking my steps is an interesting experiment to see how active I actually am.

January is my month to lay a foundation for the year to come.  The foundation is forming, and for that I am grateful.  My mantra is yet to materialize....I am wondering as I wander, yet again -- or still.  

No comments:

Post a Comment