Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Season's Greetings - Advent Calendar

Today starts another season with my LL Bean advent calendar that I have had since 1990. It has been through a lot with me. Even opening the original box stirs memories.  It was shipped to my Mom at the family home in which she no longer lives.  The box includes a mover's numbered sticker from when I left Connecticut for Rhode Island. 

This collectible was used with others, and then not even unpacked when I was alone.  My Son has been so anticipating the start of this year's treats.  However, the first treat, Inventors playing cards, did not impress.  Of course, they did not fit in the too small box, so it included only a word puzzle as to the treat's location.  Sometimes, figuring out where the treat is provides as much pleasure as the treat itself.  Today was one of those days....  

No comments:

Post a Comment