Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Monday, February 25, 2013

live and learn....

Last week I lived differently than I have been living, and I learned that I do better with less. 

I didn't do any yoga, and I can't believe that I actually missed it.  Let's see what this week brings....

I didn't reach my 10,000 steps goal at all.  While I was reasonably active, my activity was second to what had to get done for my Son, who was on vacation, and work, which was busy because I took a few days off.  My time was not my own at all....

I was busy, perhaps too busy.  Or, perhaps it wasn't that I was busy, but what I was busy with.  Again, I was more reactive than proactive, which does not suit me well. 

Being a Mom first worked for me.  However, as I am not accustomed to this as my primary role, certain juggling did not happen.  Well, I will learn from this living, which was so worth it.  Getting away was a necessary diversion.  While things that I often get done, didn't, it was fun to live by a different clock.  I am grateful for the quality time I had with my Son.  Now, though, it's back to business....

Learning from last week's living is ongoing....

No comments:

Post a Comment