Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

mind murmur - marathon weekend and more....


It's Boston marathon race weekend. Though it was 14 years ago that I ran Boston, I still carry that accomplishment with me. I have written about my marathon before, and I am sure that there's still more to write. For now, I am happy to have the memories close at hand.

The 6 months from 6.2 to 26.2 miles remain as a reminder of what is possible. Every once and a while I think about doing another marathon. Right now, though, the timing is not right.

My focus is elsewhere, and my running is not as predominant as I know it would need to be for another successful marathon.  I’m glad that I fit in a half marathon in 2012; that will satisfy my race wanderlust for now.  Currently, my focus for 2013 is to position myself as best as possible for turning 50 in early 2014.  That age would put me in a new race age group, and, oh, what possibilities might await….

Currently, I am thinking about judging and being judged.  It’s a takeaway for me, one of many in fact, having read Sheryl Sandberg’s Lean In.  Also, recent events in my life have brought this issue to the forefront. 

We live by, and sometimes in spite of, decisions we make.  Support for those decisions is critical.  If today’s decision turns out not to be right or good for whatever reason, we can make another decision tomorrow.  It’s okay.  We should be able to do that with confidence.  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment