Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Taking control

Remembering to think about what I can control and what I cant't control is key to my current success.      There's so much I can't control, and I need to let that go.  Instead, I need to focus and act on what I can control.  To that end, I had limited control over my schedule today, which was devoted primarily to the little league opening day.  Mid afternoon, however, I took control and went for a 3 mile run outside.  As a result, tonight is better....  I am more at peace.  Even better is that I had a successful run....  I ran rather fast, for me anyway, and felt great.

 I have been fighting aches and pains.  I think I need to run them out of my body, literally.  I am feeling better physically, mentally, and emotionally.  Contributing to those feelings is the grateful fact  that I actually slept 6 hours straight the past 2 nights.  That hasn't happened for as long as I can remember....

We'll see what comes my way, but I am better prepared thanks to Thursday's and today's runs outside.      Lest I forget how my runs benefited from my Nike+ running app and the music on my iPhone!

No comments:

Post a Comment