Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sandwich Sunday - mixed emotions

I am so grateful to have my sandwich Sundays, and I wouldn't trade them for anything.  However, these days take a lot out of me; my emotions run wild. 

Sometimes, I leave my Mom eating her dinner by herself so that I can get home to eat dinner with my Son.  My heart breaks just a little bit every time I leave her.  I want to stay, but I have to leave.  At least I get to see her, and to spend time with her.  Now that she's about 6 weeks away from her 93rd birthday, each time I leave, a part of me wonders what the next chapter in her life will be....

My Son likes to stay up late Friday and Saturday nights, so getting him to settle down on Sunday nights is challenging.  I often feel that I don't spend enough time with him on Sunday, which causes my heart to break just a little bit.

As I left my Mom's house and my Son's room at the end of my time with them today, each told me that they love me.  The tears of sadness turn to tears of happiness, and my heart heals a little bit more....

No comments:

Post a Comment