Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Putting it into perspective

At times, I find myself comparing what I am doing to what others are doing, e.g., wondering what more I could be doing to better myself, my family, and my community (for the sake of my sanity, I stay away from thinking beyond).

Thankfully, I am able to put things into perspective to understand that we all need to do what works at any given time, knowing that reevaluation is worthwhile.

Processing yesterday's sandwich Sunday permits perspective.

I am growing a boy, caring for an elderly mom, nurturing a marriage and home, being part of an extended family, staying reasonably fit and healthy, and working a full-time rewarding, challenging, and busy job.  Every day includes tending to each of these aspects in some way.  Though my actions are limited, their implications are boundless.

For now, theses are enough.  In fact, sometimes they are way more than enough, but....  Presently, I don't need to do more, and I will take comfort in feeling that what I am doing right now is enough for me.

With that in mind, I am ready to face what promises to be a busy week.  Bring it....

No comments:

Post a Comment