Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Letter D - developing the drive

This day was devoted to developing the drive -- the drive to focus on my work, and to get it done efficiently.  Also, the drive to work out at some point during each day.  Finally, the drive to fit in at least one extra activity each day.  These three directions were driven today.   

My schedule did not allow for the desired work out.  Nonetheless, I did run on the treadmill at the gym.  The speed and distance were not ideal, but, overall, the run was a success.  Done is good, and sometimes good is just right.  

I spent so much of my life striving to diet (finding the trick to drop the pounds), but now I simply want to focus on a healthy diet.  At times, it's difficult to make sure that my Son eats well.  Also, family dinners are extremely important to me.  I will not diet, but I will watch my diet. 

Often, I proclaim that I am done.  How perfect is this statement?  It applies to so much with which I am/can be done: complaining; maintaining my weight; coveting; and dozens more thoughts that are devoid of delight and direction.

This year, I am definitely dedicated to a daily dose of delightful declarations.

No comments:

Post a Comment