Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Letter G - going with gratitude

Today was a long day during which I mostly was a Mom.  I am grateful to have that role, but getting through without being too grumpy was at times like playing a game for which all of the rules are unknown.  In the end, I kept going with gratitude, knowing that what I have got is good.

I told my Son that I was playing a game of letters, without more specifics.  I told him that today was words that begin with the letter "g."  He offered, gorilla, grape, gather, go, get, and grandfather.  It is interesting that he came up with the last word, as it was 15 years ago today that my Daddy, his grandfather, died.  We knew the day was coming, but it was still difficult.  On that Tuesday afternoon, I sat at my desk in an office that I had begun to work just over 1 month earlier, when my Sister called to tell me that Daddy died.  That night, all by myself, was surreal.  The next day, I made the 2 1/2 hour drive home, where my ex-husband met me with a hug.  It was the end of an era.  My Son and I said an extra prayer tonight for my Dad, and I thought quietly for a bit about my DIM memories.

Though not always with grace, I have gained so much since then.  I have gathered and grovelled, at times with giant steps and at times with hardly any movement.  I know that my life is filled with so many gifts....   

No comments:

Post a Comment