Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

mind murmur - touched by another's thoughtfulness

Today, I was given a very thoughtful gift by someone I hardly know, and I was touched tremendously.  The man who knocked on my door presented to me a lovely little teapot.  The teapot belonged to my neighbor who died quite unexpectedly after being taken away by ambulance three weeks ago tonight.  Since then, I have been so disturbed by my neighbor's death.  I can't really define or express my feelings, which have been quite diverse.  I often pause when I walk past his house, think that I will see him backing out his driveway, and wonder when our next walking encounter will occur. 

We weren't close, but we were neighbors for over 9 years.  His death leaves a void.  I have no right to grieve, but I do.  I will cherish my teapot as a remembrance of my neighbor, as well as the thoughtfulness of his friend.

Life often is about the little things.  Today, a little thing was a big deal, and for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment