Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Saturday, October 26, 2013

balance the trees and forest....

I've been thinking lots about the forest for the trees expression for so many reasons.

I recall that the bigger picture is the forest, and that you shouldn't get caught up in the details -- the trees.

The expression is, One should not lose sight of the forest for the trees.

In other words, if someone can't see the forest for the trees, they get so caught up in small details that that they fail to understand the bigger picture.

I often find myself having to - step back and take a breath.

Yet another way of expressing this is, paying too much attention to the details and not understanding the general situation.

I tend to be a trees person, rather than a forest one.  That approach, however, causes endless problems. 

I like the meaning of this expression, and also that it concerns trees, with which I am so intrigued.

For survival, and because I am way too busy, I need to remind myself repeatedly that the trees are important, but so is the forest.  Seeing the forest helps with overload avoidance. 

I could spend significant time on a particular detail, but then so much of the day is lost, as is the overall survival goal.

Once again, I circle back to balance.  It is critical.

No comments:

Post a Comment