Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The mundane matters

We have so much to do so much of the time.  My Son decided he wanted to make frosting from scratch.  That decision was made days ago, but we kept getting busy with life; life so often gets in the way.  Yesterday, we simply made time.  He found a recipe on line.  He figured out what ingredients we had, and which we needed.  He added the needed ones to the grocery list.

Finally, it was late in the evening, but....  He measured everything.  I began with the mixer.  He didn't like that I was on low speed when the recipe called for medium speed.  He wanted no part of my explanation, so he took over.  Too quickly, he increased the speed, and created a bit of a mess.  He didn't like that, and ran from the room (in avoidance).  When I called him back, he said that I had told him to remove himself from a situation when he needed to take control of his feelings.  Oops, he was right and I was wrong.

He returned, cleaned his mess, and completed his project.  He was so proud of his accomplishment.  Among the many things he said was, "I love the Internet."  It quickly provided the recipe he desired.  He proceeded to enjoy his creation!

He and I learned so much from this experience....  Times like this are what matters, rather than the fact that he got to bed a bit too late and didn't follow the bedtime procedures. 

The experience and the result were not perfect, but they were.  Ordinarily, I wait to the perfect of everything, and so much gets left undone. 

Perfect doesn't have to exist to make perfect memories.      


No comments:

Post a Comment