Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

A day devoted to my bookends

Today began and ended with my bookends.  It was wonderful, rewarding, and exhausting.  Fortunately, I stole a few moments for me.  It would have been better with a run, but that wasn't to be stolen.  My few dog walks were all....

The day began with a few minutes of quiet time to read in bed.  Then it was one bookend's soccer practice, during which I doodled....  At home, I did some work and organizing.  We enjoyed a quick lunch at the table, and then it was off to the other bookend.

I had a working interview with a woman who might be able to help with my Mom.  I think it went well, but I am on overload.  I will need more time to process it, but who has time when my Son needs more attention.

My lower bookend was so helpful, I made time to stop at The Paper Store, where he was able to join the free bracelet making activity and then purchase his coveted Rainbow Loom.  It kept him occupied during the remainder of time with the upper bookend.  As a treat for me, I popped into the Whole Foods next door and got a Pumpkin Late.  It was good, but not as good as the PSL at Starbucks.

A few minutes were spent collecting items that will comprise a wedding present that my upper bookend will present at a family wedding.  I ordered a frame that I hope will work for the wedding picture of the groom's great grandmother.  Then, with the help of my iMac, I dictated letters dated November 1, 1939 that the bride in the picture wrote to her mother and sister.  The date is not quite, but close to, the wedding to which I soon will accompany my Mom.

I am grateful that I was able to devote today to my bookends, but....  Only a bit of work was done, not nearly enough, and action items are left unaddressed.  Tomorrow's another day.  Alas, it's more of the same because it's sandwich Sunday.  If only I can take or make time for me, even a bit, then it will be okay....  It's all important.  The important items get reordered, moving up and down on the time continuum.  I will remember that and find peace in it.  Today is almost done.  I will take pleasure in it with a cup of green tea, which certainly will serve me better than the preferred Saturday night beer.

I will make this a happy ending....  Each day can and should be a happy one...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment