Back to basics....

My many remakings are remarkable in their own way. Each, to varying degrees, includes body, mind, and spirit. Each requires being proactive, rather than reactive.

Running always provides the necessary rubric. Running enables me to: regroup; renew; rework; reorganize; remember; and reenergize.

Running is not static; it requires constant movement. So too do I. Running is my restorative.

Friday, October 25, 2013

Preparing for 50....

Planning, dreaming, and remaking are so much of what I do.  I try to do that while living each moment at the same time.  I want a balance between trees and forest - in every aspect of my being.

Presently, I think about what happens -- life, stuff, change, and drama.  I make mistakes, and I learn from them.

My 50th birthday is just over 3 months away.  It's an excuse to celebrate, and I will.  I am looking forward to this milestone.  It will be a decade filled with my five focus factors - fun, fitness, family, finance, and food.

Every decade is different.  My 20s were filled with education and early years of marriage.  My 30s were filled with change - the end of my starter marriage and the beginning of my lifetime marriage, as well as unlimited personal and professional developments.  My 40s have been filled with adapting to motherhood and a more uneventful existence.  The drama is different, less tumultuous overall.

My thoughts as to how I will celebrate are still in the development phase.  The newest "bee in my bonnet" is that my 50th birthday will begin an adventure that will last throughout my 50s.  When my 50s are complete, I would like to be able to say that I have seen all 50 states with my Son.  This goal has plenty of potential.  Already, my Son has calculated that he's been to 10 of he 50 states, or 20% of them, including all of the New England states.  He is a bit upset that he doesn't remember having vacationed in South Carolina.

This goal is consistent with our family's desire to learn and travel.  We love to discover new airports and hotels.  I often have difficulty deciding where to go.  That indecisiveness could be diminished if we randomly select a new state to visit.  The possibilities of pleasures are endless.

With luck, this adventure will form a foundation for my 50s.  I can make it happen....          

No comments:

Post a Comment